FAQThe 3XT Dance Co
What is the 3XT Dance Company?
A safe space for novice dancers to return to their love of dance while training with celebrity instructors, getting exposure to professional performance opportunities in Los Angeles and San Diego.
Is previous dance experience required?
No. We currently do not audition so dance experience is currently of no importance to us.
Is it for beginners?
Yes, we cater to all levels.
What dance styles are currently offered?
Ballet, Jazz-funk, Hip Hop, Heels, Performance Technique, Choreography.
What’s the minimum age requirement?
Must be at least 21 years old.
Where is it?
Los Angeles, CA and San Diego, CA (and ONLINE in 2022 is TBD)!
LA and SD: the physical studio location changes on a quarterly basis. We take into account where most of our members for the quarter are located and find a dance studio that’s convenient for most and that can accommodate all.
ONLINE: We are in the works of opening up an online experience in 2022 for those who do not reside in Los Angeles and San Diego. Get on our waiting list, include the state you are from and we will get in touch with you.
May I attend both cities?
Short answer is YES! However, we have to make sure we have enough space in both cities to accommodate everyone safely. Communicate if you have interest in attending both cities and we will let you know if we can safely accommodate that. We take requests on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Can I drop-in?
No. We do not offer drop-ins, as this is an exclusive experience where the building of community and sisterhood is just as important as the training you are getting in the 3 hours.
How long is the minimal commitment?
The minimum commitment is quarterly commitment. Dependent oh how the schedule is laid out for the quarter, the commitment can last between 8-12 weeks.
We also offer longer commitments: Semester and Year.
What does each quarter look like?
- Seven to Eight 3-hour sessions/rehearsals in each city: includes training in dance and fitness and learning Choreography.
- 1 Professional photoshoot: theme to be determined by Team3XT.
- 1 Professionally curated project (i.e.: Music Video, Live Performance, Festival participation, Outreach Project, Live Show, etc).
- Participants enjoy weekly 1:1 personalized feedback via the Google Drive system we create for our company members.
- Monthly 15-minute check-ins with Alex and Ferly.
- Quarterly 30-minute nutritional consultation with Ferly.
- Unlimited Studio 3XT access to accelerate your learning and growth.
- Personal discount code to use towards purchases made in our 3XT SHOP and that can also be used towards our live events outside the 3XT Dance Co.
What are the final projects?
The final projects include but are not limited to:
- Music Video
- Streaming Performances
- Live Performance
- Full Length 3XT curated Shows
- Festival Performances
- Outreach Performances
Is it one project per quarter?
Our promise is to deliver one project per quarter. Examples are: Music Videos, Live Performances, Festival participation, Outreach Projects, etc. We may have other opportunities that arise in the middle of a quarter and we will present the options to the Company if they align with our goals and our members. We call these “Bonus Projects”, as they are beyond what we initially promised.
When are the final projects?
Final (promised) project is at the end of each quarter, after the 7 scheduled sessions/rehearsals.
They are determined as soon as possible and posted as soon as they are confirmed. We do not open sign-ups for the given quarter until we have the dates confirmed.
This is not always true for “Bonus Projects”.
Does everyone get to participate in the final project?
Yes. You are not obligated, just highly encouraged to participate. Please note that not everyone spends equal amounts of time on stage or in front of camera, for example. Many factors come into play, including the time and commitment you put into it all. We say “what you put in is what you get out”. Our promise is that you will be involved in the capacity we feel you will thrive in. We want you to have the most positive and uplifting experience.
Do I have to participate in the final project? What if I don’t want to perform?
No, you do not have to participate. If the Quarter’s project is some type of performance, you are welcome to attend as an audience member or not at all. You will still be able to take full advantage of the training, which is a big part of what you are signing up for. You will not be pushed to the side and neglected simply because you will not participate in the performance. We will include you as a student just like we do with everyone else performing.
What are the dates?
Dates vary every quarter. We post them on our website ahead of time so you can make your decision and calendar planning accordingly.
How do I join?
- Visit Team3XT.com and click on DANCE COMPANY from the main menu.
- Join the wait list ASAP. First come, first serve.
- You are notified when sign-ups open up and you’ll be the first to gain access to the sign up page.
- Choose from the different membership options. Once you receive your payment confirmation email, you know you are in!
What are the payment options?
You can make a one-time payment or opt for the monthly payment plans.
One time payments are at a discounted value.
Longer commitments enjoy additional discounts.
What other expenses can I expect?
- Travel (fuel) between LA and SD – for photoshoot, music videos, live performances (locations are announced quarterly and we do our best to make it fair for both cities).
- Wardrobe for shoots and performances – clothing, shoes, accessories- some are covered by artists, some are not.
- Make-up and hair products you might need (personal preference or sometimes assigned).
What happens after I sign up?
After you sign up by purchasing your membership option, you will receive:
- a payment confirmation email
- an invitation to your complimentary Studio3XT membership – our online studio with exclusive classes in dance and fitness
- A Welcome Email from us, inviting you to your action steps to get you all set up for your experience with the company.
We set up an On Boarding Call to meet you and communicate expectations.
How many rehearsals can I miss?
3 out of the 7 (or 8).
Most Quarters offer 7 3-hour sessions, but some will require 8 sessions. Either way, you must attend 4 out of the 7/8 rehearsals IN-PERSON. Rehearsals you miss will be recorded LIVE on our Dance Company Private Facebook Page. Please notify us of any conflicts to help with our scheduling.
What happens when I miss a rehearsal?
You are simply responsible for learning the missed material from the LIVE we saved on our Private Facebook Page of the rehearsal you missed. You can then send us footage of yourself executing and performing the steps material you learned from the LIVE via the google folder we created for you. There we can watch it and send you personalized feedback to help you rehearse correctly and efficiently on your own.
Is it one project per quarter?
Short answer is YES, but Bonus Projects do come up. When they do, we always communicate with you ladies and give you the option to participate in it/them or not.
Can I bring a friend to rehearsals?
We take requests on a case-to-case basis. Reach out to us to initiate a conversation about it.
What kind of shoes are required?
Sneakers (street, workout, dance sneakers all acceptable) and heeled booties with a thick heel.
What safety steps are you taking?
We are following mandatory and up to date CDC guidelines for each city. LA is required to wear masks in rehearsals and spatially distance while SD does not require masks at this time. We ask that if you are not feeling well and have any symptoms to NOT come in person to keep health and wellness a top priority during this time.