For 4th of July weekend, I was looking for simple and healthy recipes. For me, it’s important to feel good right here and right now. I don’t condemn “cheat days” or “indulging” or whatever else we want to call it, it’s important you enjoy yourself. And that’s exactly it: I really enjoy feeling good after I eat. I love showing my body love through my food choices. It’s about lifestyle and feeling good. So today I am sharing with you one of the recipes I followed recently! SPOILER ALERT: It was a success!
This one is Grilled Plums with Ricotta and Honey by Cooking Light.
Cookinglight.com is one of my favorite quick and healthy recipe sources. I found this recipe on their site when looking for what to do for our Healthy 4th of July Weekend. Now, I substituted some of the ingredients for two reasons:
1. due to personal preference (blood type eating) – I didn’t want to use whole milk ricotta, so I used Feta cheese instead.
2. due to pure ignorance– I didn’t use plums because I confused them with peaches. HAHA! Yup! I bought peaches, nectarines, and plums, so when choosing which one to grab my brain go confused, and just like Britney Spears burning down her gym, one thing led to another… and here we are. Blondes do have more fun. It’s a fact.
I am sure it’s AMAZING with PLUMS (since I am also sure the true professionals of Cooking Light chose Plums for a reason). But I gotta say, the PEACHES did not disappoint! It’s sweet, tart, creamy, and crunchy! Take your taste buds on a ride!
Here is my adapted recipe:
Grilled Peaches with Feta and Honey
Active Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup whole-milk feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- Cooking spray
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted salted pistachios
- fresh mint leaves
How to Make It
Whisk together 1/2 cup of feta cheese, 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the honey. Set aside.
Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Grill peaches, cut side down, until lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Flip peaches, and grill 1 minute. Remove to a plate.
Top with feta mixture, and drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons honey. Sprinkle with pistachios and mint.
Serve and soak in all the compliments!
Comment below and let me know what you thought about this recipe.
Happy and Healthy living,