Kyrié is honored to have a second day to share some yoga with you! As mentioned yesterday, she teaches a variety of styles of yoga and is excited to hold space for a practice that’s a bit more active today. As a former dance major she fell in love with the disciplined movement of yoga...and as a total anatomy nerd, she is continuously studying and sharing her knowledge about how to keep the body healthy and safe. She loves connecting on all things health related so feel free to send her a message on IG @namastekyrie with any questions or nerdy fun facts you find interesting! As with yesterday’s session, remember to practice compassion and listen to your body first and foremost, and consider watching the instructional intro video before heading into the workout so you can get the most out of your flow!
TIP TO SET THE MOOD:
Tip to set the mood: Your days of yoga with Kyrié are recorded with out music, so please feel free to put on music that you enjoy to energize your Yang practice...like Odessa or DJ Drez. :)
Did you know certain spots in your hands are directly correlated to parts of your body and organs?
So potentially healing is literally in your hands!
Today's fun facts are HOW TO "Cure Neck & Back Pain With Hand Reflexology by Dr Mandell".
Try it and let me know how it worked for you!
10: DO IT NOW, 1: DO IT LATER
WEEK 1 RECAP
Week 1 was full of great information to help get you kick started on a sustainable healthy lifestyle.
As you can probably already tell, WE DO NOT ENCOURAGE OR SUPPORT QUICK FIXES AND FAD DIETS. Those always supply temporary success followed by agonizing setbacks. All they offer is this ongoing cycle of highs and lows, putting your body through so much UNNECESSARY stress!
So before we jump right into another advice, we would like to take the time to recap all we have learned last week and give you a chance to check-in. What have you applied and stuck to, what have your forgotten., and what have you not tried.
Here are the nutritional advice and tips we have given you so far:
Day 1- Add color to your meals. Opt for veggies in every meal and fruits in the first half of the day.
Day 2- Consciously add more whole foods to your meals.
Day 3- Chew slower (to help digestion and help against overeating).
Day 4- Eat less processed foods.
Day 5- GET RID OF FAD DIETS ONCE AND FOR ALL- 5 recipes to add veggies to your meals.
Day 6- Check your Water intake (half your body weight in fl.oz.).
Day 7- Check you're getting enough Omega 3 in your diet.
• GRAB YOUR JOURNAL OR YOUR PHONE AND WRITE OUT ALL 7 ADVICE/TIPS ABOVE.
• Now look at the list of advice/tips you just wrote. Next to each one I want you to label them, using the scale from 1 to 10, how likely are you to adapt that given advice TODAY (1 being "not likely to adopt NOW", 10 being "most likely to adopt NOW"). Notice the word "NOW". That means not tomorrow, not in the near future. TODAY! Which advice do you feel is most attainable FOR YOU today, that you can unquestionably start applying to your lifestyle TODAY? Label them with a "9" or a "10" next to them.
• Now look at the rest of your list and label as a "7" or a "8" the ones you feel wouldn't be hard to do, but you might not be ready to try adopting them NOW.
And so on... All the way down to "1" and "2" (if applicable) as the ones you might be the least likely to accept and adopt.
When it comes to creating positive changes, we must recognize, on a scale from 1 to 10, which positive behavior(s) we are most likely to accept and adopt NOW. This is VERY important. This is what makes you unique and this is why no Lifestyle Transformation is a one size fits all.
• Highlight the ones you label as a "9" or "10". These are the behaviors you begin with. We have to build on your successes.
• Once you do them consistently, go to the items you labeled as a "7" and a "8". Do those consistentlently.
• Then go to your "5" and "6".
And so on...
THIS WILL TAKE WEEKS, AND THAT'S A WONDERFUL THING. SO DON'T LOOK AT THIS AS A "I GOTTA DO IT ALL IN ONE WEEK" TASK.
YOU CAN SET WHATEVER TIME YOU WANT TO THIS.
YOU KNOW YOURSELF THE BEST. YOU MAY BE THE "Consistency means I do XYZ for 7 days straight" KIND OF PERSON, OR YOU MAY BE THE "Consistency means I do XYZ for 30 days striaght" KIND OF PERSON.
SET YOUR OWN TIME.
Message me here on the site or IG if you need anything. I'm here for you!
Happy Healthy Living!